Kris Leck, Project Director
MBA (Merit), B.Const.Mgnt (Hons), MAIPM
Kris has successfully managed over $1b in projects over 19 years.
Kris has been personally responsible for the delivery of a range of projects up to $80M, and has been a key member of the management of projects up to $600M. In order to ensure the successful completion of these projects it has been critical to engage and make accountable the multi-disciplinary teams including consultants, in-house team members, construction contractors, regulatory bodies and clients. These design teams often include more than 20 different specialist consultants, and any major project can have more than 40 disparate stakeholders, all with varying objectives and expectations. Kris has been responsible for ensuring that these stakeholders work together towards agreed objectives and outcomes, often to very restricted time frames.
Kris has developed well-rounded experience managing various major commercial projects. Following his first employment as a Contract Administrator with Kell & Rigby Builders, he established himself as a contractor to achieve wide-ranging experience with various Tier 1 & 2 Building Contractors. In 2005 Kris established his own commercial construction company with a $5,000 credit card and within 1 year was turning over $2M.
Kris is an accomplished expert in Client Representative Project Management, Contract Management, Construction Project Management, Design Management and managing pre-construction development phases.
With more than 19 years’ experience in the construction industry, Kris demonstrates exceptional proficiency in time & people resource management, and has acquired a strong commercial acumen.
- Elements of Toronto (Seniors Living) – Toronto Workers Club ($15M)
- Coles Mayfield – Coles Group Property Development ($15M)
- Nobbys Lighthouse Grounds Alterations & Additions – Newcastle NOW ($2M)
- Hebel Line 2 Extension – CSR Hebel ($75M)
- Portland Cement Works site development – GM Portland Developments
- CSR Fieldsend Mine Closure (CSR Limited Group Property ($8M)
- Hunter Corporate Park – Tomago Aluminium Company ($80M)
- Jemena Hunter Region Operations Centre – Jemena ($2M)
- Stage 1 & 2 – Newcastle Institute for Energy and Resources (NIER) New Research Building and Stage 2 Refurbishment – University of Newcastle ($30M)
- CSR Metford Mine Closure– CSR Limited Group Property ($10M)
- FACS Mayfield Office Design Due Diligence & QA – Government Property NSW ($9M)
- PGH Brickworks Metford Demolition – CSR Limited ($1.5M)
- Defence Comprehensive Maintenance Services CNNSW – Transfield Services, Defence Support Group ($7M p.a.)
- Newcastle Institute for Energy and Resources (Former BHP Technology Centre) Site Preparation – University of Newcastle ($2M)
- Architecture Design Studio Extension – University of Newcastle ($1.2M)
- Information Resource Centre & Quadrangle – Ourimbah – University of Newcastle ($2.3M)
- Griffith Duncan Theatre refurbishment – University of Newcastle ($4.6M)
- Hunter Valley Grammar School Music Performance Facility ($4M)
- Waste Water Pump Station University of Newcastle ($2M)
- NIB Head Office Relocation Project ($42M)
- Citigroup Centre Sydney($600M)
- Warringah Mall Stage 2 ($80M)
- Regatta Riverside apartments Toowong ($30M)
- Waterline Apartments Broadbeach QLD ($24M)
- Kirribilli Grande Apartments ($19M)
- Gilbert & Tobin Fitout Citigroup Centre ($12M)
- University of Newcastle, Various Minor Works ($10M)
- Green Bridge Link Queensland University of Technology ($3M)
- St. Josephs Primary School, Bardon QLD ($2.4M)
- Amity at New Farm QLD ($2M)
- Zappaway Steamit offices QLD ($2M)
- Waste Transfer Station, Queensland Alumina Gladstone ($1M)
- Various Officeworks Superstores Sydney ($1.6M to $3.9M)